Membership applications: please contact your Club Leader for an application form.
Membership fees: Membership costs for new members and annual renewals will be provided by your Club Leader.
Important information for Club Secretaries/Teachers: Please ensure that you send your new membership forms to the registrar
The TIAE and it's clubs are insured with Aikido Alliance UK
Click the following link to view the Insurance Policy Schedule
Click the following link to view the Liability Policy Schedule
Click the following link to view the Venue Insurance Certificate
Click the following link to view the Incident Notification Form (MS Word Document download)
TIAE Kyu Grade Certificate Templates
Please download and use the appropriate Kyu Grade Certificate for your club when grading your students.
Guidelines for for prospective examinees:
- Kyu gradings should be held at all levels and not awarded in without a formal test.
- Discretion, regarding the type of testing may be applied to accommodate disability or a student's physical ability to complete the test.
- Clubs should publish set dates where grading windows will occur, well in advance and ideally covering a 12 month period.
- The following examination fees apply:
- 6th Kyu/5th Kyu/4th Kyu - £10.00
- 3rd Kyu/2nd Kyu - £15.00
- 1st Kyu - £20.oo
- With each grade, a certificate (see above) and coloured belt should be presented by Club Leader/Examiner.
- A qualification period for testing (between Kyu grade levels) will be measured by 'training hours' and not by calendar months as this rewards Students who train with greater frequency. These periods will be available from your Club Leader.
TIAE Promotional Flyer
Please download & print copies of the flyer for use in promoting your club & Takemusu Iwama Aikido Europe:
TIAE Grading Syllabus
Current TIAE grading syllabus (Jan, 2020) covering 6th Kyu to 4th Dan (opens PDF document). Subject to change:
TIAE Grading Fees
Dan Grade fees (Jan, 2020)
It's always important to act and behave correctly when in a Dojo. Here is a short guide on Dojo Etiquette